SOPHROSYNA Institute of Perinatal Psychology
When mother has soundness of mind, family relationships are equally sound- this is the SOPHROSYNA philosophy.
We are a non-profit non-fee based mobile charity that provides support for pregnant women and expectant fathers for issues pertaining to:
- pregnancy, stillbirth and neonatal loss
- infant-attachment and development 0-3 yrs
- perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
Our Work involves: Infant Attachment, Maternal Mental Health and Research & Training. We achieve this through the provision of:
- Psychoeducation (seminars/ workshops)
- Psychotherapy (Screening, Diagnoses & Treatment)
- Training of (non) mental health professionals in basic guidelines of Infant-Maternal Mental Health
- Outreach to local rural communities in isolation
If you live in Greece and need to speak to someone about the issues raised here or would like to enquire about our programs, please contact us for an open and honest discussion.
We thank you for visiting our site,
Chrissa Georgiades, Psychologist annd Founder